Friday, May 11, 2012

You saved me - the dialogue



I hope you know
You saved me.

My life was twisting
Turning not headed
In a good direction
Choices poorly made

Until I met you
And you saved me

You steadied me
You gave me direction
You supported me
You set me free

You saved me
You save me still


I came home from church one night and wrote this verse.

I was originally thinking of my Bill when I wrote the words.

When I read it a second time, I thought of my minister, as he saved me too.

Then, after reading it a third time, I thought of all the people in this past year who each in their own way saved me too.

And then, after reading it a fourth time, I realize it applies to Christ as well.

So, I wonder if we realize that each and every day, we each stand in for Christ in each other’s lives?



Copyright 2012.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment