Sunday, March 11, 2012

Releasing 2


Your stuffs still here for me to clear
I have no clue what to hold as dear
I think it’s time, it’s been a year

And so with love I release

Your toothbrush
Your razor
Your shaving cream
Your t-shirts
Your undershorts
Your socks
Your shoes
Your shirts
Your pants
Your coats
Your gloves

And somewhere in the releasing I learn
What I should hold dear

Your laughter
Your smile
Your smirk
Your jokes
Your power
Your presence
Your gifts
Your love

And in the releasing and the letting go
I find my way forward
I learn to transform the ‘we are’ to ‘I am’

I am alone but not lonely
I am strong
I am resilient
I am a reflection of the best of us
I am enough 

I learn to release our dreams

Of traveling the world
Of growing old together
Of wrinkles
Of failing bodies
Of watching the children grow
Of growing wisdom
Of holding hands

I learn to make my own dreams

Of traveling the world
Of growing old
Of wrinkles
Of watching the children grow
Of finding my passion
Of finding my joy

And I learn

I have you inside me
I take you with me
You make me laugh still
I see you in the sunset
I see you in the children
I feel you in my heart








Copyright 2012.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment